Wednesday, March 23, 2011

"370z" Reasons To Be Happy


Now, I know we’ve been down this road before, but due to some unexpected circumstances, last Friday, I found myself being given a “second life” as far as my car went.  It is because of this that I’ve since given the Infiniti G35 back, in lieu of a Nissan 370Z; I tell you this much – I do not regret it one bit!

You see, when I first came to terms with the idea of incurring a car payment again, my first thought was that I would get a 350Z; after all, I have wanted a Z for as long as I can remember. Actually, there was this guy who we used to live next door to when I was a kid – he had a Z, but it was an older “classic” model. I remember seeing him constantly washing his car and wiping it down in the mornings. I think it was at that moment, when I first saw his car that I fell in love with the Z.

Fast forward to a couple years removed from high school, I joined a car club. One of the guys had a newer Z (1999) and one evening before we all headed to parking lot pimp as they called it, he and I made a quick run to the store in his Z. Dude wanted to show off, so as we turned a couple corners, he hit the e-brake and drifted. I swear, I thought I was going to die, but in retrospect, it was mad fun. When we got back, I looked at my Eclipse which was really nice, but still – I knew one day I had to own a Z.

So, without getting into the details folks, the deal as I knew it to be fell through and the bank wanted more…

“I say good-day!”

Lesson learned for any of you out there, if you ever buy a car and the parameters you agreed upon on the contract change even by 1%, you are not obligated to keep the car.

You can give it back without penalty – NO MATTER WHAT!

In this case, it truly was a blessing, because even though all along I knew I wanted a Z, I settled for a beautiful G35. It’s like someone saying you can sleep with Jessica Alba or Jessica Biel, either way you’re smashing a Jessica right?  HA! HA!

You catch my drift.

There you have it, you won’t be hearing from me anymore about getting a car. On a side note, I highly recommend buying a vehicle through Carmax. The experience was the best I’ve ever had and it was the most painless as well; their customer service was also top notch. The fact that they don’t “haggle” on the pricing and have instant approvals with the banks (99% of approvals by banks are pre-approvals which lead to issues like mine detailed above), therefore, when they tell you you’re approved for “x” amount, you truly are approved.

(Image found at Z)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger