Saturday, March 19, 2011

How Prepared Are YOU?

So, I've been on this tear of getting an earthquake/survival kit put together the last few days. Most of my peers say I'm being paranoid, others say it's good that what's gone on in Japan has prompted me to get prepared. That said, there is also one group of people which stems from either one of the aforementioned - those who have so much faith, whatever transpires simply "is what it is" and these people firmly believe that because it is in God's hands (if you believe in God), they believe worrying is a waste of energy.

While I see everybody's point, sometimes things are what they are. Just as you can take a zebra, teach him how to stand on two feet, teach him to listen, and teach him how to eat different foods - you cannot change a zebras stripes.

Make sense?

Either way, I am as prepared as can be and that in it of itself has given me confidence which I clearly lacked prior to putting together such a kit. You see, this Jim Berkland guy (he has predicted a 9.0+ earthquake in North America - California somewhere between March 19-26) who is said to have accurately predicted many quakes, including "The Big One" in San Francisco in the late 80's,  I don't believe that he truly can predict earthquakes; after all, if he could and was as accurate as he claims, he'd be much more prominent than he is, and quiet frankly, the government would be working with him in some capacity.


It is his science and logic that intrigues me, because anybody who can present information and logic in a manner which makes sense to me, I feel it is ignorant and naive to tune such theories out completely without at least processing and analyzing them myself.

God gave us free will and he also gave us the ability to think, so why not use it?

I guess for some, ignorance is bliss. Either way though, I'm not saying this man is going to be right and I definitely am not saying he is going to be wrong. What I am saying is that I would rather be prepared - period - for whatever is going to come my way; albeit today (Super-moon, Equinoctial Tides etc.), tomorrow, or for the remainder of my existence on earth.

So my question to all of you is, why not also be prepared - JUST IN CASE?

If you are interested in a check list, below is a good link to follow as you look to build your earthquake/survival kit:



Earthquake List


For those in California, let's hope Mr. Berkland is wrong - either way though, his prognostication has been a positive to me and hopefully to many others who've seen his video. He's lit a fire under those of us who've given him the benefit of the doubt to put together a kit I should have started long ago.


Have you started yours?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger