Thursday, February 16, 2012

Teacher/Preacher - Either One Lately - It's All Bad

Lately, it seems like I cannot turn on the news without seeing new molestation allegations against a teacher. I can honestly say for the last 3 weeks, there has been at least one new name and one new teacher in the news being accused of molestation charges with an underage kid.


#LookButDontTouch

These teachers are with these children far more than their own parents are with them. That is the scariest part to me. It makes me wonder, is that the problem? Are they spending too much time with the children? Or, is there just something going on in their brains that justifies their actions? I definitely dare not play Dr. Phil and I am not going to sit here and try to psychoanalyze why this is happening. I mean, the charges in most cases are not that extreme, but in other cases they are severe and quite frankly, I consider myself to have an open mind, but damn, the allegations are so crazy, even I am thrown back that someone thought of and did such things with a kid. I can honestly say, even having an open mind, I couldn't conjure up such sinister and disgusting things.

#ThatsSayingALot

At this time, I'm not even going to touch on (no pun intended) the whole Catholic Priests thing; however, I will say, while that was surprising - somewhat - the teacher allegations is far more alarming. Even the Jerry Sandusky (Penn St. Coach) case is intriguing, alarming, but still, there are just far more alarming factors surrounding the current string of allegations against teachers that worry me more than the aforementioned cases.

Moving on...

I would like to know what your thoughts are on everything going on. For those of you who have children, has this given you an awareness that you otherwise, maybe took for granted? Has it prompted you to have intimate and personal conversations with your children about all that is going on with the intent of opening the communication channel with your loved ones?

Hopefully, you've answered "yes" to the questions above.


#LetsHearYourThoughts

(Picture was found at menteach.org)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger