Saturday, February 25, 2012

'Act of Valor' Mini-Review (4 of 5 Dog Paws)

First off, I would like to thank all the men and women who are in the military; I am one citizen who understands that it was your choice to defend our country, but I am also somebody who understands the great responsibility and sacrifice which comes with that decision.

#Hoo-Yah!

Now, after watching this movie tonight, from the jump it was obvious that one glaring intent of the film was to open our eyes and to give us a more intimate look at exactly how our military defends our country. To be specific though, the Navy Seals are highlighted in this film. The thing is, the previews were very transparent in telling us that many real Navy Seals were used in this film; therefore, I knew the "angle" was going to be one which would be evident from the beginning of the movie - which by the way - it was. I will say though, they did a great job of narrating this movie. Also to be noted,  they did a great job of giving us a taste of situations and tactics we otherwise may not have been privy to from previous movies. One thing that stood out to me was the fact that they added a sense of realism which I can honestly say I did not expect. I definitely expected it to be Hollywood from beginning to end; luckily, it was not - and that was and is a good thing.

Without giving away too much though, I will not elaborate any further on this film.

#AlmostSpilledItThoughNotGoingToLie

Let me break it down for you this way:


  • Visual Effects - 7/10
  • Sound - 10/10
  • Plot Development & Delivery - 9/10
  • Action - 10/10
  • Drama - 10/10
  • Acting - 6/10
  • Overall - 8/10
The aggregate ultimately, in my opinion, lands this film a 4 out of 5 "Dog Paws", which means it is worth watching. 

In closing, it was a very inspirational film packed with everything you would expect from this type of movie. There definitely were plenty of "Damn!" moments and a few "WTF" moments sprinkled in as well. In the end, it was entertaining and I felt like I got my money's worth - after all - isn't that all that really matters?

That's my $0.02.

***Note***

Just to give you some insight on my ranking/rating system, a 5 out of 5 is the only film which will be a MUST SEE. This film is close, but let's face it, despite the fact that women are affected by those in the military just like men are affected, when it comes to films like this, women just aren't as eager to go see it and quite frankly, the films are innately tailored towards men. If I felt it was a MUST SEE film, it would be one either sex should go see. 

For your viewing pleasure, below is the trailer for the movie.



(Image found at screenrant.com)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Howdy, I do think your site might be having internet browser compatibility issues.
Whenever I take a look at your site in Safari, it looks fine however, if opening in I.
E., it has some overlapping issues. I simply wanted to provide you with a quick heads up!
Other than that, wonderful site!
Also see my webpage - acdc for those about to rock

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger